Delivered by RDA Chief Executive Ed Bracher this workshop focuses on the practical aspects of RDA Governance. A strong and effective committee goes a long way towards building a strong and effective group.
The workshop will cover…
- The essentials of RDA including: the constitution, membership, voting, AGM/EGMs
- Responsibilities of a Group Trustee
- The differences between a board of trustees, board of directors and a committee
- Key roles on an RDA board of trustees
- Recruiting trustees
- Where to find advice and information
- What to do when things go wrong
Back at your group you’ll be able to…
- Implement practises of good governance
- Recruit and induct new trustees
- Plan and run effective meetings
- Confidently deal with complaints and problems
- Adapt sample governance templates for your group
- Locate useful resources and know where to obtain advice
Who is this for?
Group Chairmen, Group Secretaries, Group Treasurers and all trustees of RDA Groups.
The £20 ticket price includes tea/coffee on arrival and lunch.